Black Swan

Black Swan
"I was perfect"

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Things I Don't Like That Everyone Likes.

Not too long ago a friend of mine mentioned the television show Mad Men and how they were starting to watch it and getting really into it, to which I replied "I fucking love Mad Men." My friend threw her hands in the air and said "What the fuck Emilio, you like EVERYTHING. Every TV show, every movie, almost all music, you can't be obsessed with everything."

Yes, it's true I do like a lot of things pertaining to entertainment and popculture but their are also LOTS, well maybe not lots, but some things that I don't like. And they are usually things that everyone else seems to highly enjoy. So here we go, things Emilio doesn't like, and when I say doesn't like I mean almost hates.

Will Smith: I don't like most of his movies except Men in Black and Independance Day. I think he is extremely over-rated and his son seems like a little shit.

Cop/Lawyer Shows aka Procedural Dramas: There are two types of TV shows, there are serials and procedurals, serial shows have a storyline that is developed every week like Gossip Girl, Lost, Weeds, The Office, etc. Procedurals have a storyline that is developed and solved each week. For example: CSI, Law & Order: SVU, Criminal Minds, NCIS, etc. I HATE PROCEDURALS. I've never seen an entire episode of CSI or SVU or any of those highly unoriginal boring cop shows. I hate them, with a passion. I like my characters to develop each week, I like storylines that take longer than forty minutes to conclude.

The Beatles: I don't dislike The Beatles but I just don't get why they're such a big deal. The only songs I like are Across the Universe, Hey Jude, and Let it Be, other than those I don't think their music is "life-changing" and I don't think it qualifies them as "the bast band ever". I just don't get it, they're alright but not THAT good.

Rent: Won the Pulitzer, really? I think Rent is honestly the one of the most overrated musicals ever, but then again I'm not a big fan of musicals. Rent however just seems like a lifetime movie on crack, literally. It's so mushy and uses cheap tricks to bring the tears. Whatever.My favorite musical is Cats, so what do I know.

Oprah Winfrey: I just hate her.

Moulin Rouge: Out of everything else on this list Moulin Rouge is hands down the one thing I hate most. It is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The acting is terrible, the plot is bullshit, all of the songs that are sung are basically butchered. HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT.

That's all I can think of on the spot, but there are plenty more things that are popular that I hate.

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment